WELL DRILLING FACTS FROM OUR NC WELL DRILLERS
When you’re having any kind of drilling work done, there are a number of items to consider. Becoming knowledgeable is especially important when your water supply is at stake. Rowan Well Drilling, reputable well drillers and plumbers in Rowan County, NC, and all of the surrounding counties is ready for your questions. We also invite you to review the list of questions below, which are essential for you to ask when you are comparing contractors. As leading NC well drillers, we are committed to your satisfaction.
We want to provide you with as much information as possible about water well drilling in Salisbury, NC, as well as in the surrounding cities. Coming in with the relevant questions helps us ensure you have the facts you need to make a confident decision. We aim to provide you with the best source of information on well drilling services than Rowan.
Don’t Have Any Water?
Check your reset button if it’s available. It should be located under your control box. Check that your electrical breaker is turned on. Do you have water anywhere in the house? Make sure to check your outside faucets. Check and clean any filters and bypass any softening equipment.
Trouble With Water Pressure?
Check and clean any filters and bypass any water softening equipment. Do you have water anywhere in the house? Make sure to check your outside faucets. How much water are you trying to use? Can your pump keep up with the demand? Look for a broken water line.
Does Your Pump Keep Cycling?
It’s important that you call for service. It is possible that your pressure tank needs to be replaced or recharged. Without immediate service, your pump may break down, as continual cycling is the main reason for premature pump failure. Just give us a call, and we’ll come and inspect the problem.
How Much Water Should You Have?
The average residential pump size is capable of producing 10-12 gallons per minute.
Please call with any other questions you may have. The solution may be simpler than you think and we’re always happy to help solve simple problems over the phone.
Questions To Ask When Comparing Well Contractors:
- What thickness of well casing is being used? We use SDR 21 (sch 80) thick plastic well casing.
- Is the casing cleaned out before entering with the drill to ensure no obstructions are present that may crack the casing?
- What is the pressure rating of the drop pipe to pump? We use 630 psi, sch 80 thick wall PVC pipe at a minimum.
- Do they use flat or twisted drop cable to pump? We use flat cable that is less likely to chaff in borehole.
- Do they install check valves if the drop pipe exceeds 200 ft., as suggested by the pump manufacturer?
- Do they use pump flow sleeves to cool pump motors, as suggested by the pump manufacturer?
- Do they use wire connection shrink wrap kits or just black tape underwater connections?
- Do they use torque arrestors and wire guards to center/wedge the pump in the well to avoid the wire chaffing that leads to most service calls of pump failures? These are commonly found when “black roll” polyethylene pipe is used.
- Do they install filters? We install the largest whole-house filter to every well to ensure purely filtered water is in your home.
- Do they install a receptacle at the well for plugging in heat tape or mean of freeze-proofing well pipes and plumbing?
- Do they use stainless steel manifolds, bronze manifolds, or plastic?
- Do they use a Square D pressure switch or a pressure switch made in China?
- What are their warranties on equipment? We offer a 5-year warranty on our pumps and a 7-year warranty on our bladder tanks.
- What size/horsepower pump will you be getting? Will it be sized according to well depth and yield? Will it deliver the pressure needed for system demands and expectations?
You get the answers to these questions as soon as you contact Rowan Well Drilling. Our representatives are here to address all of your concerns.