It’s important for everyone in your household to be able to drink healthy and safe water. If you plan to depend on your well to produce clean water, it’s essential to choose a qualified, experienced contractor to drill a new well or repair an existing one. When you have narrowed down your choices to just a few possible contractors, you can ask each of them the same set of the following questions. Once you’ve gotten their answers, you can make an informed decision about which company best suits your needs in performance and price.
- Are you certified?
- Do you have references I can contact?
- Are you licensed, bonded, and insured?
- Are you knowledgeable about and able to follow state and local regulations?
- Do you offer ongoing maintenance and repair in case of a problem?
- Please inform me about all of the necessary permits, site visits, and additional fees I will need to
obtain from the various governmental agencies.
- How knowledgeable are you about the local geology on and surrounding my property?
- Upon completion of the work, I need a list of the materials, depth, pump size, and all other relevant information, which you may be required to file with the state in the form of a construction record.