How do you know if your well pump needs to be repaired or replaced? If you think your well is not working correctly, remember to turn off the electricity to the pump and water heater to make sure no further damage is caused. Be sure to get the opinion of an experienced well contractor before you decide that you need to replace the pump. The well contractor will first determine the source of the problem you are having. Most often a problem stems from the well pump. Additional signs that indicate your well needs a repair or a replacement include all of the following:
- The water is gray, cloudy, or dirty.
- Loud or unusual sounds are coming from the system.
- Your faucets are sputtering air.
- Electric bills that are much higher than usual, which could mean the pump is running continuously.
- Water pressure continues to decrease.
- Loss of pressure in the expansion tank.
- The power goes off with no backup battery or generator.
- Problems with the pressure switch.
In case you do need a new well pump, be sure to ask about the quality of the product as there are a number of well pump variations. Also, get estimates because prices can vary from contractor to contractor. Finally, make sure you choose one of the well drillers near Salisbury, NC, that is licensed, bonded, and insured. For accurate and affordable service, contact Rowan Well Drilling today.